Friday, April 06, 2001

Nanette's MLPS adventure: I am really digging Nanette's diary, mostly because it's making me a little homesick. I haven't been back to the Twin Cities since shortly after I got married. I'm hoping to get a chance to go back sometime this summer, although a glance to the right at my concert schedule shows that it's going to be tough.

This also reminds me: this year is supposed to be my ten-year high school reunion and I've heard not a thing from anyone. This irks me. I mean, we had a five-year reunion, and that one isn't even really important. Almost everyone who went had the some variation of one of the following stories:

"Yeah, I've been out of school for a year. I just started doing [random entry-level job] and it's really great."

"I took some time off during college, so I'll be finishing up in [random year]."

"I got engaged/married. This is my fiance(e)/spouse [random name]".

"Since high school, I've been working at [random place], where I've been really successful. I now own a house/car/suburb/small country/flag squad/politician/[random status object]."

"I am the exact same person I was in high school."

No one who had kids even showed up! I was really looking forward to Rugrats-gone-horribly-wrong, but alas I was denied.

I really really really hope I hear something soon. It would be very disappointing to find out that the reunion is going to happen the weekend I go to Europe.