Thursday, August 02, 2001

Carey suffers "breakdown": I now feel slightly bad about making all those cracks about Mariah Carey being in the process losing her mind. I feel worse knowing that I have no degree in psychology and I don't even know her, yet I could see that there was something wrong with her and that she needed help.

I'm really nervous now; if Mariah had a breakdown, what's going to happen to Christina Aguilera? I mean, Christina has been slavishly mimicking Mariah's career at a frighteningly accelerated pace. (If you don't believe me, compare their singing voices, particularly their phrasing and the way they riff songs. Now, look at how quickly Christina went from "girl next door" to "trashy hip-hop sexpot and dubious fashion sense" compared to Mariah.) Christina's next career move in her attempt to outdo Mariah might be to try to kill herself, which would NOT BE COOL.

Allegedly, everyone on the globe is seperated by only six people. I therefore urge everyone who reads this site to tell everyone they know that Christina needs help before she experiences a thermonuclear meltdown. Hopefully word will get back to her people and they can do something for her before she winds up as Mariah's roommate.