Tuesday, April 10, 2001

On a more positive note: Here's a break from the heaps of musical invective for some moderate chatter about things I actually like:


Radiohead - Amnesiac I've had an opportunity to listen to some of the tracks off of the upcoming Radiohead album. Man. It's good. Like, really good. As in, "Oh my God, I can't believe how good this album is!" You know all of those mildly alarming stories that circulated shorlty after the release of Kid A which basically said, "Don't worry, once we've stopped futzing around we'll release an album of proper Radiohead material?" Forget about them. Yes, the guitars are more present than on many of the Kid A standouts, but you also have to contend with the anti-rhythmic single "Pyramid Song" (if anyone has figure out what meter this song is in, please email me) and the completely bizarre techno-funk of "Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors", a song so strange and grand it's causing Tom Ewing to sing praise. This is yet another strong entry from a great band. You never would have been able to convince me that Radiohead would be high on my list of bands I adore when Pablo Honey came out.

DAN'S RATING: GRROOVY!!!