Wednesday, April 25, 2001

Kathleen on Geri Halliwell: Much has been said about how Geri is wasting away into nothing these days. I've just watched the video for her remake of "It's Raining Men" and I kind of feel the need to say this: I think she looks athletic, not emaciated. She has a lot of muscle definition, particularly in her abs and arms, and I really don't see her bones sticking out a la Calista Flockheart. It's shocking to see, particularly when remembering the voluptuous Spice Girl Geri, but (and I may get crucified for this) looking different from then doesn't mean she looks bad. In fact, the only thing keeping me from saying that she looks good is her GOD-AWFUL HAIR. Jesus Christ, she looks like a demented Barbie doll with that orange-glowing skin and the neon follicles. It's really unnerving. A darker color (any darker color) would be much more flattering.

I would say something about the picture of her breast-feeding a doll, but I figure that if no one talks about it, it will effectively cease to exist.