Monday, April 23, 2001

The Cure announce festival appearance: Apparently Robert Smith is the love child of the Energizer Bunny and the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf. He's been threatening to end the Cure for something on the order of 15 years now, yet they still pop up for one last album or one last festival appearance. I was expecting some announcement like this, but it's still great to hear. Bloodflowers was a far superior album to Wild Mood Swings and I'm hoping that they can continue the upward trend with their next release, whether it's a Cure album or a solo Robert album. (And anyway, if you release a solo album where the auxilliary musicians are all of the guys from your band, is it really a solo album? I think not.)

I guess my dream band will need a new bass player, though. I wonder what Brown Mark is up to...?