Thursday, March 15, 2001

Is this thing on...? - Well, it's only what, two years after everyone else has gotten sick of it, but I've decided to be a daring trendsetter and get my own blog, too. So, I guess a little introduction is in order:

HI! I'm Dan. I'm the remarkably self-absorbed singer who will be your host on this wild blog I've tenatively called Grr... Some may ask, "Why Grr...? Are you cranky and irascible? Will you be delivering crotchety yet endearing missives about life in Boston? Are you a grumpy curmudgeon with a heart of gold?" Um, no (although I am tempted to slap you for asking). The painful truth is that I'm woefully uncreative these days. When Blogger asked me for a title, the first thing that came to mind was "Grr..." because I couldn't think of one. And there you are. Hopefully one will come to mind eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.

So, more about me, since that's why I started this: I'm 28, married, and currently living in a city known for its extreme warmth and friendliness. I write code for a living but I live for music. I'm currently singing with two groups, one being The Concordia Society, an 18-person a capella chamber choir started by a friend from college, while the other is the Tanglewood Festival Chorus, the official chorus of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. My brother is musically-inclined as well, seeing as he's a member of the acclaimed DC hip-hop group Poem-Cees. He's also a lawyer. I hate him. (not really!) My wife also sings and hopes to be a big opera star some time in the next ten years. Since she isn't nearly as much of a hopeless nerd as I am, she has no website to link. I still love her, though.

Good Lord. I think I've rambled on enough for now. Stay tuned for later wacky hijinks.