Thursday, March 22, 2001

Dan's most anticipated releases of 2001: There are several albums due to be released this year that I'm really looking forward to:



DEPECHE MODE - Exciter
I've heard some mp3s of this one. It's absolutely brilliant. Words cannot describe how good this album is going to be. They've kept some of the sparse texture of Ultra while adding in a slightly bleaker vibe reminiscent of Black Celebration. If there is justice in the world, this album is going to be HUGE.


LAMB - tba
According to their website, a new album is in the works for 2001. Check out the movie clips of them playing with the New Cool Collective Big Band to see why I'm so excited, particularly the brooding, dememnted version of "B-Line".


ORBITAL - The Altogether
I've heard the Plump DJ's remix of "Funny Break (One's Enough)". Add to that a studio version of their take on the Doctor Who theme plus the fact that everything they put out is brilliant and I'm sold. As a bonus, they sample Tool. ROCK.


TOOL - Lateralus
Speaking of Tool, they've got an album coming out this year. Clearly, I'm all over that.